Monday, July 10, 2017

Uncomfortable Grace


As I was rereading my last year's journal for today, I thought this was worth pondering here....

God has chosen to let you live in this fallen world because He plans to employ the difficulties of it to continue and complete His work in you. We want the grace of relief or release. What we really need is the grace of transformation. This is the 'theology' of uncomfortable grace. It may not be what we want, but it is precisely what we need. God is faithful and will use the brokenness of this world that is your present address to complete the loving work of personal transformation that He has begun.

New Morning Mercies, March 8, Paul David Tripp

Yes, Lord, how often I pray for the grace of relief when what I really need is the grace of transformation. May it be so! 

No comments: