Monday, August 15, 2016

Detours

I asked God, "What am I doing wrong that I'm not getting the outcome I want?"

He said, "Nothing! I AM doing this, I'm doing something new that you don't see. Just gaze at Me, be open to what newness I have for you and you'll be ok. This may seem like a detour to you but on the detour, you see things you've never seen before. It is just a different way to get to the same place. Newness, a new way is always a bit scary because it is unknown. But trust Me and you'll be right where you need to be according to My plans for you."

We are always beginning in the spiritual life. When we think we have it all figured out, we are further away from the spiritual path. Humility demands that we always come to our journey with a spirit of openness, knowing there is always more to learn.

Each morning ask God where you need to begin and start there with humility, compassion and with holy anticipation.

I'm beginning again, laying a new foundation in every moment following Your instructions as best I can. I will return to You over and over and just keep showing up, being still, opening my heart up to You and encountering You and Your Holiness and Love.


No comments: