Monday, February 08, 2016

I Will Find You



Psalm 139: 7-12 The Message
Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit?
    to be out of your sight?
If I climb to the sky, you’re there!
    If I go underground, you’re there!
If I flew on morning’s wings
    to the far western horizon,
You’d find me in a minute—
    you’re already there waiting!
Then I said to myself, “Oh, he even sees me in the dark!
    At night I’m immersed in the light!”
It’s a fact: darkness isn’t dark to you;
    night and day, darkness and light, they’re all the same to you.


Sin makes me want to run from You, just like Adam and Eve did as they hid in the garden once they disobeyed You. Also busyness encourages me to forget about You Lord. What I'm most fearful about is drifting away from You for choosing something over You that will cause me to leave You, like Solomon did. Interesting that it wasn't bad theology that caused him to do that, it was relationships.
But I know, becuase I just read that even if I do that, You won't turn from me. I can never get away from You, really! Even in my darkness, dark night of the soul, You re there because dark and light are the same to you. Darkness doesn't hide me from You. It's like You have night vision goggles that allow You to see just as if it was daytime. How I rejoice in this truth!

I can never escape from Your spirit because You reside inside of me and are never moving out. Even if I choose to not be aware of You, not listen to You, You are still there with me. You are the "with me" God. If I try to hide, ask the darkness to cover me (so to speak my sin covers, me, keeps me from You) You still find me.  Reminds me of Clannad's song from Last of the Mohicans: "I Will Find You" [click here to listen and think of God singing this to you  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdCbkbGtNO4]  

If I hide like Adam and Eve, You knew right where they were, what they did and You still conversed with them, inviting them back to You through their confession. Thank Your for the provision You've made through Your death and resurrection for me to have an eternal forever relationship with you. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude! Thank You that You will always be with me, even  in spite of myself. That's commitment, that's covenant.

No comments: