Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Questions for Jesus



I am loving the workbook/devotional Questions for Jesus: Conversational Prayer Around Your Deepest Desires by Tony Stoltzfus, coach extraordinaire. Each week he looks at one of our core desires through the eyes of Jesus in the gospels and then gives 5 questions for us to ask Jesus which connects us to Him on a relational level.

This week is Contentment. 
Matthew 5:5 You're blessed when you're content with just who you are - no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought. The Message
Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.

"Jesus, what does it give you to take the ones who got the least in this life and give them the best in heaven? What makes you take so much joy in turning the world on its head?"

Here is what I sensed Him saying to me.

My Kingdom is so opposite of this earth’s kingdom which is run by the enemy, is his domain, here the person who strives to achieve to look out for #1 gets the reward. In My Kingdom its those who recognize they have nothing to offer that hasn’t been given them by Me that find fulfillment. That gives Me great joy because I can give much to those who look to Me for their life, to those dependent on Me and not on themselves and their abilities. There is much reward as a result of coming to Me, but it is not those who come to Me for the reward that receive it but those who come to me for Me that receive the greatest reward, which IS me. Come to Me and I will make you in to who I originally in tended you to be and it is there that you will truly find your “reward” by bringing me the glory you were designed for, reflecting Me in Your world.


Thank You Jesus…I want to reflect You to my world. I yield to You so You can be more and more in me and more of You can come forth from me, for Your glory, God.

Click here for a free sample of two devotionals.  http://www.questionsforjesus.net/content/meditations.pdf

No comments: