Monday, September 28, 2015

Purge



I love how Larry Crabb looks at self-examination and confession in his book PAPA Prayer. He calls it "Purge." Here's his definition: Acknowledge without excuse or explanation the self-obsession staining your motives that the Spirit chooses to reveal. Stand naked before holiness: the more you see your sin, the more you'll be amazed by grace. Humility is an eager willingness to see where you are wrong in order to experience the power of God that has already made you fit for His presence. Own your sin.

Psalm 51 The Message
What You are after is truth from the inside out. Enter me then: conceive a new true life! God make a fresh start in me...shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life... I learned God worship when my pride was shattered.

My response:
Help me see and admit without explanation or excuse how pride shows up in me, so I can present it on Your altar as a sacrifice. Burn it out of me with Your refiner's fire, so You can see Your reflection in me and so those I encounter will see Your reflection in me, see You, be drawn to You, for You alone deserve all our praises.

No comments: