Sunday, August 23, 2015

Are you fasting from God or feasting on Him?



Lectio Divina on Psalm 23

No matter how dark the day, no matter what evil besets me, I don't have to cower in fear because You are right here with me, protecting my soul, comforting me if I will but turn to You in the moment. You fill me to overflowing with Yourself when I do turn to You. You allow me to feast on You when I am in a situation of "fasting"...nothing around me to eat or drink, nothing life-giving.

You honor me, treat me with honor always. Your Holy Spirit oil covers me head to toe. There are always a multitude of blessings from Your hand all around me in every situation, even the hard eucharisteos, if I will just look for them. For You are goodness personified and Your intentions toward me are deeply good always, no matter what comes my way.

Your love will not fail to pursue me all the days of my life! You have made a home in Your heart and in Heaven for me so I will always and forever experience You, now and for eternity. What joy to be with my Love constantly, for You are always available to fill my love tank with Your Perfect Self.

I love how You come alongside me when it's time to confront my own enemy, my shadow side. You show me that trying to meet my own need through pride, approval, acceptance by others is like fasting...it is like eating empty calories that taste good in the moment but do not nourish and so I'm hungry again for real food in minutes. Instead You invite me to feast on You - the One who fills to overflowing.

You desire me to die to my false self and awaken to my true self, the one who knows that only You hold true life for me. Doing things Your way and knowing You more and more is the real feast and walks me out of the shadowy valley of my shadow self.

When I come up against those who don't like me or for whatever reason make me feel insecure or just don't respond as I had hoped, You comfort my heart with Your love for me and speak truth to who I am - Yours - and that one truth alone gives me untold value and worth. You also remind me that my "enemy" has love deficit issues also, just like me, and is reacting out of those, and so You invite me to be kind and understanding toward them, praying for them to receive what they need from You in their moment of distress.

August 22, 2014

1 comment:

mojojojo said...

This was a particular encouragement to me today.

Thank you for the reminder of our wealth and rich fellowship in Christ; the only thing untouchable!

love,
kayanne