Friday, January 30, 2015

Who You Are to Me



Jesus as my Shepherd, You went and found me and brought me home. You make me lie down in green pastures and restore my soul.

As my Papa, You waited for me to return to You, repentant and begging to be part of Your household again, taking me in Your arms and rejoicing; putting a ring on my finger and a robe of righteousness on me.

As my Friend, You've stuck closer to me than a brother, never leaving my side: You laid Your life down for me and appointed me, called me to produce lasting fruit for Your sake which has been my pleasure.

As my Lord, You let me experience You, not just know about You, and You invite me time and time again to surrender my control to Yours, all knowing, all wise , all deeply good intentioned because You love me deeply.

Your sheltering wings have hovered over me, protecting me more than than I know, and as a hen longs to gather her chicks, You understand how I feel when my chicks are scattered and running from under Your sheltering wings.

Your everlasting arms hold me, especially when my heart is breaking with sorrow. You comfort me with Your tears mingled with my own on my face. You hold me as Your little child and bless me...and I am blessed. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all of my life and happily, joyfully, I look forward to dwelling, abiding, residing with You here and forever, my Beloved, my Liege, my Lord.

I adore You.

lectio divina on Ps 23, Luke 15: 3-7, Matt 6:9, Luke 15: 11-32, Prov 18:24, John 15: 13-15, John 20:26-28, Romans 14:7-9. Ruth 2:12, Matthew 23:37, Deut. 33: 27, Mark 10: 14-16 from Soul at Rest by Tricia McCary Rhodes. pgae 19.   from last years journal 1/30/14






No comments: