Sunday, January 25, 2015

BHAP list



As I was reading through my last years journal, I came across my BHAP. That stands for big, hairy, audacious prayers. I reread my list for 2014 and was excited to see that God answered 13 of my 21 requests this past year. I think that is pretty amazing! The words of Mark Batterson from his book The CircleMaker inspired me to make my BHAP list. I challenge you to pray your big bold prayers for 2015 and see what God will do!



Bold prayers honor God and God honors bold prayers. If your prayers aren't impossible to you, they are insulting to God. Why? Because they don't require divine intervention. 

Prayers are your prophecies. They are the best predictors of your spiritual future. Who you become is determined by how you pray. Ultimately the transcript of your prayers becomes the script of your life. 

When you feel under-qualified and overwhelmed, that is when God has you right where He wants you. That is how you learn to live in raw dependence, and raw dependence is the raw material of which God performs His greatest miracles.

The greatest tragedy in life is the prayers that go unanswered because they go unasked. If you do pray, you can live in holy anticipation because you never know how or when or where God is going to answer but I promise you this: He will answer. And His answers are not limited by your requests. We pray out of our ignorance, but God answers out of His omniscience. We pray out of our impotence, but God answers out of His omnipotence. God has the ability to answer the prayers we should have prayed but lacked the knowledge or ability to ask.
italics are quotes from Mark Batterson from The CircleMaker


No comments: