Friday, November 07, 2014
1. I live out of a God-economy, knowing as I obediently listen to where my Master wants me to use His resources, I respond with joy as I give to others, knowing His provision is always more than enough because He is generous and I cannot out-give God.
2. It is good to examine my sin, my shadow side and shortcomings because God wants to meet me there, forgive me, show me His grace is sufficient for me and give me opportunities to grow through my confession and receive His gracious forgiveness.
3. I am attached to God and God alone, not to my comfort or popularity or to people but I desire to please God first and foremost.
4. I am letting God transform me by renewing my mind, setting new pathways, giving up the old, false self and living fully into my true self.
5. I live in the present moment focusing on His Presence, trusting that He'll be with me in the future...God's got it covered. He reminds me, "I've got this!"
6. I live from a grateful heart, aware of the multitude of gifts He showers me with throughout my day and I thank Him along the way. This moment by moment awareness invites me to pause and enjoy His Presence throughout my day. It also inspires me to live giving from a generous heart, sowing what I've reaped, paying it forward, so to speak, from God to me then from me to others, spreading "sunflowers" along the way.
7. I live past my fears of the unknown or new situations, knowing it is an opportunity for growth. I like growth so I embrace the unknown with excitement, not fear. I allow myself to make mistakes without condemnation because that is to be expected as I grow. I am learning from my mistakes as well.
8. I let go of my expectations of others because they leave me feeling pridefully entitled for them to be met by others and disappointed when my expectation are not met. I allow God to fulfill my desires and longings as He sees fit and in His perfect timing, knowing that His intentions for me are deeply good.
As I write these, I realize how powerful our thoughts are and want mine to align with God and what He wants for me. I believe these do. Help me to think rightly about myself and about You too.