Thursday, February 20, 2014

from slavery to sainthood


I was contemplating how Jesus brings us out of slavery to sin into becoming daughters of God and joint heirs with Jesus and how amazing that is.  Here is how i imagined it...
I'm a slave on a plantation, no rights, only work from sun up to way past sundown...i work hard but earn nothing except some food to sustain me to get up the next day and do it all over again... no hope of my circumstances ever changing...a true dead end life....and then someone comes to the plantation and buys me for a very high price, more than I'm worth and doesn't make me a slave on His plantation but adopts me as a daughter, takes me into His mansion, clothes me in the best dresses, gives me access to all He owns, offers me a check book with unlimited funds and loves, me delights in me, enjoys my company...and invites me to linger in long conversations in front of the fire and writes me into His will....i scarce can take it in....but THIS is exactly what my Jesus did for me! Who couldn't love a Man like this????

2 comments:

Angela said...

good food for thought!

Angela said...

good food for thought!