Sunday, February 16, 2014

as You wish

Oh Jesus, i hate to even dare to think where i would be if You had not drunk the cup of sin that was so undeserved and so depraved. I cannot bear to even ponder what all was in that cup, no less look beyond all my sinfulness without You to see where i would be if You had said no to Your Father. My heart is overwhelmed with sorrow for You and what You had to endure...and gratitude that You did so that the world might be redeemed and have a relationship with God and You and Your Holy Spirit. Thanks You isn't enough. I adore You is but even more than just saying I adore You, i want to adore you with the way I live and relate to other and respond in willing obedience to whatever You ask of me.  I want to say "as You wish" just as You said "as You wish" to Your Father in the garden of Gethsemane. I want everyday to be a day i say yes to You.

I drank that cup out of my love for my Father because even though it looked like His intentions toward me were not good, I know Him and His good was not only for me, knowing i would experience resurrection and life eternal but also that i would complete my purpose. His intentions were deeply good also for the whole world to have the opportunity to be reconciled back to Him as well as being totally just in judging all sin and death. He could do no less than have a plan that not only saved His own but judged all the sin in the world. When you wonder about your circumstances and they look dire and you wonder if His intentions for you are good, I understand even more...but know nothing can separate you from His love and good intentions...ever.

No comments: