Sunday, November 10, 2013



What if?

What if what you are thinking about yourself actually came true, always happened, just because you thought that way? How would you change your thinking?

1. I live out of a God-generous economy, knowing as i obediently listen to where my Master wants me to use His resources, I respond with joy as i give to others... knowing His provision is always more than enough because He is generous and I cannot out give God.

2. It is good to examine my sin, shadow side and shortcomings because God want to meet me there, forgive me, show me His grace is sufficient for me and give me opportunities to grow through my confession and receive His gracious forgiveness.

3. I am attached to God and God alone, not to my comfort or popularity or people's opinions of me to find my value, power, security, love, but desire to please God first and foremost and allow His love to give me value.

4. I am letting God transform me by renewing my mind, setting new pathways, giving up the old, false self and living fully into my true self.

5. I live in the present moment, focusing on God's Presence with me, trusting that He'll be with me in the future no matter what happens. God's got it covered; He reminds me, "I've got this!"

6. I live from a grateful heart, aware of the multitude of gifts God showers on me throughout my day and I thank Him along the way. This moment by moment awareness invites me to enjoy His Presence throughout my day. It also inspires me to love from a generous heart, sowing what I've reaped from Him.

7. I live past my fears of the unknown or new situations, knowing it's an opportunity for growth and deeper dependence on God. I like growth so I embrace the unknown with excitement, not fear. I allow myself to make mistakes without condemnation because that is to be expected as I grow. I can learn from my mistakes as well.

8. I let go of my expectations of others because they leave me with feelings of entitlement for my feelings to be met by others which is pride on my part and I wind up disappointed when they are not met. I allow God to fulfill my desires and longings as He sees fit and in His perfect timing, knowing that His intentions for me are deeply good.

2 comments:

Lysa Humildad said...

Such a wonderful expression of our amazing, loving God.
It also expresses exactly my own journey the past several years.
How wonderful it is to realize the goodness of God and to unerstand that our journey with Him is continual and progressive.
Thank you for sharing!
Blessings.

Deitra Shoemaker said...

Thanks Lysa for leaving a comment and for letting me know that you are a fellow sojourner. May God bless you with His presence today and every moment of every day.