Tuesday, March 12, 2013

LGLO

Love others as I have loved you...John 14:12

... graciously
...unconditionally
...speaking truth in love
...use healing words
...offer forgiveness in the same measure as I have forgiven you
...be gentle, humble, kind to others even when they turn their backs on you - just as you've turned and walked away from Me and yet I have never left you or forsaken you...
...always responding like I do when you draw near to Me, not clinging or begging you to come but inviting you.
Follow My lead for My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Watch how I do it - learn the unforced rhythms of grace. Keep company with Me and you will love others as i have loved you, lavishly, extravagantly.

The way up is down in My Kingdom but the result is overflowing joy. You can never out give Me, for what you sow, you will reap... if you sow generosity, you will reap generosity... if you sow love, you will reap love. The measure with which you give out of love for Me, will be given back more than you could ever dream or imagine.

Father, I cannot love like this in my own strength, but as i rely on You, I can do as You wish from a heart overflowing with gratefulness for Your lavish love for me.  Thank You that you call me to love humbly and walk intimately with You. What a privilege  what a joy. May Your love for me and in me overflow onto all I encounter.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Amen! I know personally that I need to have a greater revelation of His love for me and the more I have the more I'll be able to love Him but that still takes HIm doing it.
p.s. your "things I enjoy" are things I enjoy, except for gardening - my husband does that.
Sandy James