Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fear Criticism? Why avoid it?

Recently I was challenged to reframe criticism from rejection to growth opportunity. Criticism can be . . . a new perspective on what I haven't seen before that could help me grow into who God wants me to be . . . shared because someone loves me and wants the best for me (even if their approach could use a little help!) . . . uncovering my blind-spots . . . a nugget of truth in every criticism even if the criticism is not totally true . . . used by God to help me release pride and grow in humility . . . makes me approachable if I'm open to it. Can you see any other way to reframe criticism to help you grow? Give it a try next time you encounter the pointed finger in your face.

3 comments:

SonShine-ProjectShine said...

Thank you. I really needed this:)

Pat Garcia said...

True, indeed. Thanks!!!

Reformed Apologist said...

Yes, and remember Proverbs 29:1

"He who is often reproved, yet stiffens his neck, will suddenly be broken beyond healing."

Good stuff! :)