Friday, June 04, 2010

IMMEDIATELY


How do you react in a storm? Peter got scared, even with Jesus asking him to walk on water to Him. Funny though, when Peter began to sink, Matt 14:30-31 says Jesus IMMEDIATELY took his hand and saved him. It occurs to me that Jesus is always available to me. As soon as I turn to Him, He is IMMEDIATELY there for me. This speaks to me of how much He loves me and is concerned for me and of His companionship with me. I can take comfort in knowing His Presence is with me, always. It is my awareness of Him that changes when I call on Him. Because He lives in me, He really is IMMEDIATELY available. Even when I do not "feel" His presence, He IS there.

Thank You Jesus that You want to be here with me IMMEDIATELY whenever I call on You or need You. It is Your delight to do so. You have the power to do so. You are big enough and good enough to do so. Help me remember to cry out to You in and out of storms.


When Jesus says to Peter, "Why did you doubt?" I see that not said as a word of correction but as a smiling Jesus encouraging Peter not to give up on Jesus so easily or on himself either.

Psalm 94:19 When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul.