Saturday, June 05, 2010

Breath



A breath prayer is a short 6-8 syllable sentence that you can prayer in one breath. Some might call them "popcorn prayers" because you can pop them to God quickly. My breath prayer for the last year has been "Breathe on me, Breath of God." I love how I can pray that at any moment of any day and it gets me in touch with God's Presence in and around and through me. I was reading my last year's journal today and here are some of the thoughts that spoke to me again.

Breathe on me, Breath of God
Fill me with life anew
That I may love what You love
And do what You would do
(Edwin Hatch from the blue book p 63)

If God is the One in whom we are to live and move and have our being, then I want my every inhale infused with His Presence, my every exhale an extension of His love.
Margaret Feinberg, Sacred Echo, p21

I loved how she stated that: every inhale INFUSED with God's Presence; every exhale and EXTENSION of His LOVE. Oh that I might increasing become more aware of God in me as I breath in, breath out, 24/7!

2 comments:

Debbie Millman said...

i've been doing that a lot lately with colossians 3:3: "for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God." I didn't even know it was called a breath prayer! it has helped shift my focus. and experience and be more aware of His life in me.

kevin21 said...

Nike High Heels

Monster High Celebrities

Jordan Heels

Nike Dunk Sb High Heels Black And Pink

High Heel