Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Bride



"All that I am and all that I have is yours."
Sounds like a wedding vow from a bride to a groom, and vise versa, doesn't it?
I give him all that I am and have, he gives me all that he is and has.
What a great exchange!
This is exactly what takes place in our hearts when we surrender our hearts and lives to Jesus. He IS our bridegroom. We give Him our sin and unrighteousness, He gives us His Life and His righteousness. Now that is a GREAT EXCHANGE!
God made Jesus who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2Cor 5:21 NAS

The Message says it like this: God put the wrong on Jesus who never did anything wrong, so we could be put right with God.

Here it is in the word on the street by Rob Lacey: God piled our mess on to the only innocent man ever to live. He gave him the death penalty for everything we'd messed up, for us to walk free. For us to use our new God-connection to start doing the right thing.

(Cool! I didn't know the word God-connection was in this version of the Bible! God Connection is one of my group coaching venues that I offer)

"Oh Holy Bride, how beautiful are you when you come to Jeus with nothing of your own. (He accepts you not on what you have to bring, or even on who you are, but because He loves you and gave His life for you.) The Bridegroom will be more than pleased with youw hen He sees you cothed in His beauty (alone). There will be no limit to His love for you, becuase you are clothes in His Holiness."
Let Go by Fenelon pg 72.

Wow, He really LOVES me!!!! :)

2 comments:

Sharon Hayes said...

Wait til you read Bridal Intercessor by Gary Wiens (Amazon) you will say WOW again & again. It is so humbling and awesome at the same time to be the Bride of Jesus.

Deitra said...

Thanks for letting me know about this book Sharon! It is awesome, isn't it?