Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The White Stone


In Revelation 2:17 Jesus tells us He will give each of us a white stone with a new name that only He knows on it. Today I was reading a Lenten devotional that talked about that. It said, "He knows what my name should be, how His grace has marked me in such a way to reveal His glory. He knows what name will clearly picture who I am and who I belong to. He names us out of His love. He will put the stone in my hand and I will know, from my naming, how much He has loved me all along."
I just love that. I had asked God a while ago if He would be willing to share with me His white stone name for me . . . and He did! I have never liked my name because it often gets mispronounced and misspelled so to have a new name thrilled me. It is His special name for me, so special that I don't want to share it here, it is too personal. BUT I encourage you to ask God the same, ask if He will share His white stone name for you. And then ponder it, ask about its meaning. As I read this devotional today, He gave me even further insight into the meaning of my name and it was exactly what I needed to hear in this season of my life.
I promise, you WILL be blessed, if you listen closely to His whispers to you.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

I love the imagery of God's Word. I have not heard this passage before and love what it says. Thanks Deitra!

gail stewart said...

Thank you for sharing that and isn't it neat that it was reconfirmed in your Lenten study! I love you my wonderful sister,Gail

Sherri said...

Isn't it funny that we as parents give our children their own special names out of love. And here, God, the perfect parent, has a special name for each of us. I can't wait until mine is revealed. This is a very tender passage. Thanks for sharing, Deitra.