Tuesday, July 10, 2007

De' ja` vue


Ok this is sort of weird but I was just reviewing my other blog (http://ears-wide-open.blogspot.com/) [which is where I am posting the book I've written]. It has been a while since I've blogged there so as I was getting ready to add another post from my book, I read the last entry and I thought, "This is EXACTLY what I am going through now . . . again!" Even though I've know that, I didn't know how similar the feelings are now to what they were then in 1994. Guess that is why I journal, because I'm not that good at remembering exactly how I felt.

Here's what caught my eye: "Over the last few months, I feel like You (God) have pulled out many of my props, those “things” I trusted in to see us through. I know you want me to trust in You alone, not in our circumstances, believing that Your unfailing love will not forsake me or my household. Thank you for the lessons I am learning through all this. Replace my fear with trust in Your unfailing love. No matter what happens, I pray I will be able to praise You.

Prayer Point
Waiting on God, especially when He is silent, can be a very tough experience and yet, it can be a very rewarding time as well. To learn to trust Him we have to have those times when nothing seems to be happening. That is when we learn to exercise our faith. “Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen.” Hebrews 11:1
Share your fears with God, fear of things that might happen or that might not happen. Then ask Him to show you that He is sufficient, no matter what."


So my own book is ministering to me all over again. I love that! I hope some of you will journey over to that blog and maybe something you read will minister to where you are as well. Let me know if it does by leaving a comment. Thanks.

2 comments:

Punchitchewy said...

Hey...this is Chris Mears. I enjoyed the blog. I'm glad to see that you guys are doing well. I didn't see an email link so I thought I would leave a comment. Drop me a line at punchitchewy@earthlink.net.

Rebekah said...

I needed to read this today. Thanks for posting it