Friday, February 09, 2007

Where in the world is Deitra?


Ok, Ok, I know it has been too long since I posted BUT I have a good excuse. I am now employed! Working 20 hours a week (don't laugh, it takes a hour to get there, so it is more like 30 hours a week of my time) for Heart for Africa as the assistant to the President (sounds impressive doesn't it? Really I'm just a glorified administrative assistant, pick up the mail, do deposits, answer emails, you know the routine). But I have been busy getting in those extra two credits I lack for being qualified to get my social security check when I turn 65 (it IS a few years off,and I told Rob, "don't worry, honey, I WILL eventually work and get those credits in). And thus I haven't even told most people I know that I am a working girl now. To check out who I work for go to www.heartforafrica.org. Yes, it is the same group we have traveled to Africa with (duh!) and I do love it. I get to work alongside my husband which is fantastic AND still have time to go to my bible studies and mentor. So it is the best of both worlds. While you are at it, check out www.itsnotokaywithme.com and if you order this fantastic book, I will be the one who sends it to you (and you MAY even get a little personal note from me in the package, if I'm not behind that day). Also if you read this book, you will find out why we have signed on with this 501C3 group and love it. I recommend it, you won't be bored reading it THATS for SURE!

No comments: