Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sunrises and Truth


This morning as I came downstairs at 6:30am and made my cup of tea, I glanced outside at the sunrise. Now that daylight standard time has ended, it is actually beginning to get light out when I wake up. I had to go outside to see this gorgeous sunrise because it filled the sky with deep pinks and purples. After pausing a few moments to take it all in, I came inside to spend some time with God. I just happened to be on Psalm 19 which says: "The heavens are telling of the glory of God: and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge." I thought about how often I look at the starry sky and think about God's glory but not much during the day, until this morning and I realized His sunrises and sunsets are beautiful paintings He gives to me everyday as a gift. Then I thought about how David who wrote that psalkm did nto know that the earth rotated around the sun and thought the exact opposite, that the sun rotated around the earth. To even consider such wasn't even anywhere on their radar because it looked like an impossibility (just put yourself in his shoes, er, sandels)and yet it is truth.
How often do I look at a situation and only see it from my one perspective and believe that that is the only way it is, the only truth? And yet the truth is often diametrically opposed to my perspective. I need to ask God for His perpsective more and more because He does know the real truth (He IS Truth) . . . His perspective is the only one I need to see from.
Lord, open my eyes to Your truth about myself, others and my circumstances today.

1 comment:

Debbie Millman said...

very cool...He really does see it all as it really is. It's all that matters.
-Deb