Thursday, February 16, 2006

Retreat Time

vq=3254>554>2;7>WSNRCG=3233425:<7889vq0mrj.jpg">
My goal for this year is to speak at three women's retreats. I have one scheduled in October in Arkansas through my dear friend Ann Kinnebrew. If anyone else out there would like me to come and faciliate your retreat, just let me know! I am considering doing one here in Atlanta, maybe a one day retreat, on a Saturday for locals. If you would be interested in attending, let me know. Basically it would be "a day apart" where you would be given some guided prayer times to go off by yourself and spend some time with God and then come back together after each session to have small group share time. The focus would be connecting with God and basking in His presence. I just need to find a really pretty place outside to have it, somewhere where we could all go off in the woods to be with God in nature by ourselves and then have somewhere to come back to for discussion and sharing. Anybody know of somewhere like that?

3 comments:

Jodie M said...

FFCLA retreat center in Covington, GA is beautiful.

You're a woman after my own heart! Have you ever heard of an organization called Class Services in Atlanta. You should google them. I have been thinking investigating speaking/writing opportunities also and they peeked my interest. They may have something for you. Check it out.

Deitra said...

Is this Jodie Mannion? I am a CLASS grad and highly recommend it! thanks for the retreat suggestion, I'll check it out.

sharonw said...

Deitra,
I think this is so cool! I made one of my own. I am still working on it, daughterofeve36. Thanks for telling me about it. Talk to you soon.