Saturday, February 18, 2006

Beyond the Gates


If you saw End of the Spear, you HAVE to rent the dvd Beyond the Gates of Splendor. We loved "Spear" and so I wanted to find out more information about the story and "Gates" gave me what I wanted. It is more of a real life documentary with interviews with some of the wives and a very moving interview with Frank Drown who was the head of the Missionary Aviation Team in Ecuador who went on the search party for the men. It is one of those movies that I can't get out of my mind. You can rent "Gates" at your local Blockbuster. And it is definitely worth renting.



I just have to wonder if I would be willing to do what those men and women were willing to do. I'd have to say realistically NO, but "all things are possible with God." When God speaks to our hearts, He gives us courage to obey. Those men and women made a tremendous impact not only on an entire people group but still 50 years later they are impacting generation after generation of those who still are hearing/seeing their story. I'm sure they are amazed themselves at how God took what satan meant for evil and turned it around for good, to preserve a people alive, just like God did with Joseph and the people of Israel.

No comments: